Branding, by definition, is a marketing practice in which a company creates a name, symbol or design that is easily identifiable as belonging to the company. This helps to identify a product and distinguish it from other products and services.
Branding is absolutely critical to a business because of the overall impact it makes on your company. Branding can change how people perceive your brand, it can drive new business and increase brand awareness.
Your brand is much more than a creative logo and catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of who you are, what you stand for, and what customers can expect when you engage. Your logo and slogan play a role, sure, as do the images you use, the messages you deliver, the way your employees interact with your customers, and every single thing you do.
Here are five of the major benefits you can expect to see when you have a strong brand:
- Customer recognition. Having a strong brand works to build customer recognition. Prospects are far more likely to choose a brand that they recognise over something unfamiliar, even if they do not know a great deal about your company at the time. Your brand is what differentiates you in the marketplace.
- Competitive edge in the market. When customers recognise and back your brand, it helps lend a competitive edge to your company. The more recognition you receive and the more you build your brand, the more you will find that your brand elevates and is competitive with other well-known brands.
- Easy introduction of new products. If you already have loyal customers and a strong brand, it will be easier to introduce new products or services. Your audience will already be interested in what you do, so they will be more inclined to accept, participate in, or celebrate the new things you are offering.
- Customer loyalty and shared values. About 64 percent of consumers admit that they have strong relationships with brands because of shared values. Customers that are aligned with your business values tend to stick with you even if you don’t have the most competitive price.
- Enhanced credibility and ease of purchase. Having a strong, well-known brand enhances your credibility with customers, your industry, and the marketplace as a whole. … If your brand is credible, you’re far more likely to get the sale.
But, the question remains, how do you build a strong brand?
Building a strong brand on Amazon
- Establish your purpose – think about the reason you started doing what you do. Reviewing your mission and vision statements can help you pinpoint your purpose. Mission statements typically outline what you do, while vision statements touch on what you hope to achieve in the not-so-distant future.
- Determine what makes you stand out – Figure out why customers should buy from your company instead of your competitors. What do you have and do that they don’t? The goal is differentiate yourself from your competitors, to make the customer view you and your brand differently to other offerings.
- Know your consumer – You’re likely to have already gathered demographic data on your target customers, but your knowledge needs to go deeper. Think about the real people that walk in your store or browse your Amazon Brand Store. What do these people ultimately want from your product or service? What problems are you solving? What do they need from you? The aim to develop an emotional connection with your customer.
- Know your brand – Think of your brand as a person with an unmistakable personality. Describe everything about this person, and then convey those traits in everything your company does and creates. Brand personality is more than just promises in your mission and vision statements. It’s the actions you take to fulfil those promises.
- Consistency is key – Strong brands are recognisable because they’re consistent with everything they do. All colours, fonts, styles, images, and actions align with the core of their brand. Consider a style guide for employees to help retain that consistency. Also make sure everything you do, say or release supports the heart of your brand.
If you want to grow your brand and presence on Amazon, get in touch with one of our Amazon specialists to map out your business venture and start making money on Amazon. Contact us on +4420 3743 0033or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org